Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Groundhog Day

Happy belated Groundhog Day everyone! I read that Phil saw his shadow so looks like six more weeks of winter. Appropriately, it snowed today. :) I took this picture of some of the frozen rain on a tree outside the dining facility - unfortunately, it's more of just a "pretty picture" because you can't really see the water. Oh well, can't win them all. :)


Just one other picture tonight - me and my boss ready to hit the road. :)


MUST remember to take the camera out of my pocket more often! There are a few places that we go that cameras aren't allowed, but I'm sure there are good pictures that I'm just forgetting to take!

Some good news on the hobby front... I found someone else here who brought jewelry making supplies with them! Her name is Barbara, and she's an Army Major. Her specialty is transportation - not something I would want to do here! We've spent a few evenings together each working on our own stuff - nice to have someone to critique things as you work! I showed her my Etsy site and since then I've sold two pieces, so I think she's good luck for me! :)

We spent today at a conference for legal mentors for the Afghan National Army. The challenges they face are a lot different than the ones we do, but it's still very interesting to see how the other half lives. :) We are very fortunate in that our schedules vary enough day-to-day that the "groundhog day syndrome" hasn't really set in (and I hope it never does!).

Oh, and have I mentioned that I'm now DRIVING on this country's crazy streets? Lucky for me my boss likes to drive, but every now and then I have to drive for one reason or another. The vehicles we drive are stick shifts... that took a little "remembering" after not driving a stick for about seven years!

That's about it from this end (at least for tonight!) - please keep the emails and comments coming! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I can't let this defeat me! You can tell in the picture that the tree has ice on it-unfortunately, I have lots of those right outside my window and I'm not impressed any more-I would have been more than happy to have put an umbrella over that groundhog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Mom! Now you'll have to teach everyone else how to do it! :)

    Actually, I read the groundhog's "prediction" was actually predetermined and the ceremony is all a farce, so hopefully it's wrong this year!

    ReplyDelete