Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coming to an end

The days are flying by as I'm starting to wrap things up here. I took a quick picture of the wall over my desk - thanks to all the kids that contributed artwork for me to display! :)

The thought of leaving here is finally settling in. One person from my training group has already left, a couple leave next week, one the week after that... and then comes my turn! :) My roommate received her end-of-tour award at a ceremony this week. Here she is being congratulated by MG Formica:

She's been a great roommate - I know I probably won't get that lucky once she leaves, but at least my next roommate will only be for a short while!

We had another delicious Mongolian barbeque meal prepared by Drew tonight, and he was sporting a great new apron. It says "Camp Eggers, home of the Drew-burger." I told him I'd make him famous, so here goes!

Had a chance to finally do some rug shopping. I ended up buying just a small one - so many beautiful ones to choose from, but it's really hard to decorate from so far away! I felt like I had a "real" Afghan shopping experience - I was even invited to have chai with the owner and his son (SO cute!).

And, as promised, the roses are really starting to bloom all over the base. Here's my favorite picture so far:

We're in the middle of turnover with my new boss, and my relief is now on this side of the world. Stay safe and we'll see you soon Dave!

2 comments:

  1. love the rose picture! Can't wait to see you back here, hopefully before I leave. :) Don't forget to get a certificate of authentication frmo the carpet guy. SEE YOU SOON, and then we can play Rock Band with you. We keep Adrian up to all hours of the night playing that game... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara! They don't actually do certificates here - it's hard enough to get a receipt for anything! Just not their custom... You better not leave before I get there! I'm going to have to spend SO much time catching up to you guys on Rock Band!!! :)

    ReplyDelete