Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yup, still here!

I know - no posts for a while. I'm sorry! Things are getting very busy at work - not a bad thing, considering that's what I'm here for (!) but it does mean not a lot of time on the computer at night.

Our Afghan attorneys have really taken to their training mission. They cheerfully show up for work every day and make sure that we get them to their training location on time. I have no idea what the training slides I'm printing say (it's all in Dari) but it certainly looks impressive. :)

Just a couple of pictures tonight. The first one is an Afghan carpet that is hanging as part of a display at the Embassy. In general, Afghan carpets are made with a heavyweight wool, instead of the wool and silk combinations I've shopped for in Sharjah. Guess they have to be a little more durable here. :) The patterns vary widely - some abstract, some with entire scenes. Anyway, just a sample...



We went to a Rule of Law conference at a nearby base. The conference itself was very good, but a nice extra bonus was that it fell on their bazaar day, so I finally got to do a little bit more shopping. Mom, this is where your scarves are coming from. :) I also picked up some beading supplies that hopefully I'll get a chance to use soon - just have to find the time!


Short and sweet, I know - I'll try for a longer one in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey -
    I really enjoyed your blog! I lived in Pakistan for 5 years and visited Kabul several times! Thank you for sharing your photos and experiences. Wishing you all the best and a safe return to the US.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete