Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy New Year - again! :)

Yes, you read that right - but this time it's Afghan New Year (Nowruz). It was actually Saturday (sorry, a day late!) but today is also a holiday, so I can wish you Happy Education Day as well. OK, I'm not really sure Afghans all wish each other that, but it is a real holiday. :)

It's been a quiet couple of days in the office without our Afghans - happy to have them back tomorrow! We've been somewhat distracted by the NCAA basketball tournament, but I'm not doing well enough in the friendly office competition to brag about that. :) At least my Final Four teams are still alive! It's difficult to follow from here though - the games start around 9:00 at night and finish up overnight, so I've been content with highlights for the most part.

So, not a lot of pictures for you tonight - found another happy working dog to photograph. He's a Shepard mix and will lean his full body weight into you when you try to pet him. :)



Spring is definitely here - a lot of rain lately, but some nice days as well. I took this picture last week. I couldn't believe how clear the sky was and how well the airplane contrails contrasted.


I also found a dogwood tree in bloom near our dining facility (well, at least I think it's a dogwood - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!).


And finally an update shot of the little garden. I still have no idea what's growing there, but it's definitely growing! :) I'm hoping for some flowers...

4 comments:

  1. I would like to read your blog, your page says for anyone who cares to read. I have a blogger page too- umseniorblog.blogspot.com (please read my graduation depends on it). I was curious how much JAG work there is to be done, what are you doing? I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, Just popping in. So enjoy keeping up with you. What a handsome dog. Flowering trees are beautiful no matter what country one is in, it seems. The commonalities you bring out seem to enhance understanding and makes US military person experience so much more real to those of us in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tracy. Cute dog! Are you allowed to pet police dogs though? Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara - it depends on the handler. This particular one was only too happy to let me pet! :)

    ReplyDelete