Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm back!

Very sorry I haven't been posting! It's been a hectic week, and it didn't help that I managed to catch the latest bug/bacteria/virus going around and was laid up a couple of days. But I'm better now, although I'm still behind on blogging and emails. If you're one of the people I owe an email to, I haven't forgotten you! :)

First up in the picture lineup is Dari class graduation. We finished up on Wednesday night with a final exam that everyone passed. The first picture is me with our instructor Saboor. The squiggle on the board behind us is "Tracy" written in Dari.

Next is the class picture. We started with 21 students - this was all that was left by the time the final rolled around. :)

We also had another VIP visit. This one was with MGEN Wright, the Deputy Judge Advocate General of the Army. Turns out he is friends with now-retired CAPT Tom Greene, so if anyone out there has CAPT Greene's email address, please pass it to me so I can pass this picture along!


I managed to make it out to the bazaar this morning - a little cold and rainy, so business was not good for the vendors. When that happens, their sales pitches get a little more forceful and of course you find yourself buying stuff you hadn't really planned on - it's so hard for me to say no to the kids! Here's a picture of one of my purchases (diamond-cut agate beads - much prettier close up!) and their salesman.
Last picture - I was walking to the chow hall this afternoon and all of a sudden it turned sunny and clear. I don't think we've seen the sun at all this week - it's snowed every day (although at least nothing has accumulated!) and been generally pretty miserable. So of course I grabbed a picture (I've learned to keep my camera with me at all times). This is what we call "TV Hill" - I'm sure it has a proper name, but this is where all the cell phone and tv towers are (and frankly, it looks a lot better snow-covered!).

That's it for now - hopefully not so long until my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment