Saturday, December 27, 2008

Farewells

Time to back up a little bit tonight. I've been concentrating on getting the newest events up and left a few off from before I posted to this blog. In the short time I've been here, two JAGs have bid us farewell and are headed off to their new adventures.

Pete is the Navy JAG I am technically relieving. He spent his six months working with the Focused District Development program, getting very involved in police training throughout the country. He was a terrific sponsor and really helped me get ready to come out here. He's heading back to the East Coast to resume "normal" Navy JAG life.

Alan is an Army JAG who was here for a year. From what I've learned, it sounds like he was able to do a little bit of everything - from helping to write Afghan criminal procedure code to addressing their Parliament. Alan extended here for a little while to help out another unit and then will be heading back to his civilian life as a prosecutor.


We're going to miss you guys!


Of course, the departures were a great excuse for a party, so we had a BBQ in their honor (BRRRR!!) complete with s'mores lessons. :)

Of course, this is a very simplistic description of the things they did here. I don't want to go into too much detail, but suffice to say their effects will be felt for a long time.

Fair winds and following seas!

No comments:

Post a Comment